• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possessed Arctic Titan 165

So yesterday while i was running an 8' print through the laminater it decided to just keep going after the stop button was pressed. The laminate warped around the application rollers before i could press the emergence stop button. I reset the emergency stop button to its running possition and lost all power to the machine, now i get no response or status lights on the control board. any suggestions?

joeshaul

If the fuses are fine, I'd look at the run switch/pedal, it could be that it thinks it's stuck in a permanently pressed state which could've caused it to both ignore the stop and also not power back up (might have some logic to prevent laminating on powerup).

I don't own this piece of equipment, but as one who likes to play with electronics it'd probably be my next troubleshooting point after checking fuses!

Generally you can check switches with a multimeter on continuity setting, circuit will either close or open depending on the type of switch and when it's toggled, the switch is most likely "Normally Open" and closes when depressed to begin laminating.

So checked the 2 small fuses under where the power plug is, replaced both just for posterity. Are there any other locations that i should know about?