• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possibility to add a printer in flexi 10.5?

EternalAudio

Epson s30670

Any way to add a printer file so I can keep using Flexi for everything?

Or am I stuck designing in Flexi, then exporting out to ONYX?

FrankW

There are Flexi without RIP (LETTER, SIGN, EXPERT), and Flexi with RIP (FlexiSIGN-PRO). If you have one without RIP, you need to upgrade to one with RIP (FlexiSIGN-PRO or add the PlusRIP). As far as I think, you will not have the S30670-driver available in 10.5, you will need to upgrade to 11 (Cloud).

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It "can" be done but its very complicated..... I did it once a few years ago adding a printer supported in 8.6 to version 8.0 which did not support the printer. I could not tell you the exact steps I needed to do though but it required the printer specific files from the newer version to be copied to the respective folders on the older version but that alone did not do it. There were a couple of configuration files that Production Manager uses that has a list of all the machines defined it in as well and I had to find those files on each and then copy and paste the relevant sections that defined the printer in the newer version to the older versions configuration files. I cannot remember what files or what folders they were in nor even the file types (could have been .ini, .xml, or something else even) they were though. I do remember it took me a couple of hours of trial and error to get it done. Mostly because my first shot was hoping that just copying the printer specific files over would work, then it was a matter of opening all sorts of files in textpad to find any that might have a list of machines defined in it and then finding the relevant sections to copy and paste, etc.