• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible Faulty Ink Cartridges?

We're pulling our hair out over our versaart 640...we swapped a magenta ink cartridge mid print and it went for a foot or two and turned the red banner yellow..(magenta quit)

Since then we could find no reason as to why it stopped...we have taken it apart and run cleaning cycles swapped the dampers and it still will print a few inches before losing the magenta

YES these are 3rd party inks...Thinking the cartridge was faulty I swapped it with another (same lot number) and still no luck...

And please no lectures on third party inks.. the ink company sold us this printer and threw in a few thousand dollars worth of their ink and we have been running fine until now

At this point I am about to put a black cartridge in place of the magenta to see if we have some kind of negative pressure problem and swap the chips...someone please stop me before I break it

Last edited:

CS-SignSupply

Replace the magenta with a cleaning cartridge and manually pull from the captop. Sounds like you have air in the line somewhere and swapping Black with magenta will just become painful to go back.

CS-SignSupply

Possible clogged captop if it is hard to pull. Uncap the heads and flood the suspect captop with cleaning fluid. Then pull with syringe to see if you are able to clean it out.

rjssigns

How long have you run their inks. I'm betting 6 to 8 months. If so your lines from captop to pump, and pump to puke bottle are clogged.

BTW I gave up caring what inks people use.

Cheers