• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible pump issue

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
My assistant texted me that our Arizona 318GL is timing out on filling the reservoir and every job he's tried is failing. I've never had this problem before but it sounds like the ink pump isn't working properly. Is there any easy way to test the pump, or will I have to call a service tech? I tried bleeding the filters but the pump doesn't engage as often as it should be to me.

Thanks in advance!

ToTo

Professional Support
My assistant texted me that our Arizona 318GL is timing out on filling the reservoir and every job he's tried is failing. I've never had this problem before but it sounds like the ink pump isn't working properly. Is there any easy way to test the pump, or will I have to call a service tech? I tried bleeding the filters but the pump doesn't engage as often as it should be to me.

Thanks in advance!
Only white ink pump may cause this. Brushes are not meant to last 4ever, and white pump is used for recirculating.
What errors you can find in message box?
Or can you provide the error logs from tools tab?

StarSign

Access the pumps, take a look at them , if there looks to be black shavings around a pump that would be the bad one

masterjab

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you bleed the air out of the ink filter. Try changing the filter on top of the gantry if there is ink in it. I've only had to replace the white ink pump and recirculator. I also agree with the black shavings part.

AlsEU

Thanks in advance!
When did you replaced the ink filter for this channel? Filters are being clogged in time and the only solution is a replacement. It should be done once per year or after 50 liters of ink. If the filter is clogged, ink can't reach the carriage within proper time. So first check/replace the ink filter, it may help. You may also swap the pumps between two channels (swap ink tubings in fact) and check, if anything looks different. Of course you will some ink from different colour inside the line, but it's easy to remove - few purges should be enough (but don't swap black with yellow, it's better to swap C and M or C with K). And don't forget to clamp all tubes between the swap (unless you like ink under the machine).

KSTrooper

Only white ink pump may cause this. Brushes are not meant to last 4ever, and white pump is used for recirculating.
What errors you can find in message box?
Or can you provide the error logs from tools tab?
I am getting a 2507 error "ink fill timed out"

KSTrooper

When did you replaced the ink filter for this channel? Filters are being clogged in time and the only solution is a replacement. It should be done once per year or after 50 liters of ink. If the filter is clogged, ink can't reach the carriage within proper time. So first check/replace the ink filter, it may help. You may also swap the pumps between two channels (swap ink tubings in fact) and check, if anything looks different. Of course you will some ink from different colour inside the line, but it's easy to remove - few purges should be enough (but don't swap black with yellow, it's better to swap C and M or C with K). And don't forget to clamp all tubes between the swap (unless you like ink under the machine).
I just replaced all the filters a few months back. I do have a spare, I can try that too. Thanks

KSTrooper

Access the pumps, take a look at them , if there looks to be black shavings around a pump that would be the bad one
No black shavings that I can see. I did go ahead and order a pump, got it swapped out yesterday but still getting a timeout error.

AlsEU

No black shavings that I can see. I did go ahead and order a pump, got it swapped out yesterday but still getting a timeout error.
So the problem is somewhere else - did you replaced the filter in this channel? If not, try to do it. If it doesn't help, try to do few purges removing the ink from this subtank, then disconnect the ink tube from the subtank (the black one) and put it inside the empty bottle. Look if the ink is flowing from the tube (but do it VERY carefully, you're operating above the carriage, do not allow ink to drop on the boards/cables/heads etc.). If you have ink in the bottle, something is wrong with either subtank or head. If not, check the tubing between the filter and the subtank.

Nate1n22

It could be the level sensor has gone bad. The sensor is probably stuck thinking that it's low. It's a pretty cheap part and easy to replace.

KSTrooper

It could be the level sensor has gone bad. The sensor is probably stuck thinking that it's low. It's a pretty cheap part and easy to replace.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Turns out it was a combination of the pump and the ink bag coupler being bad. Sorry for the delay in replying....I forgot about this thread and I've been on vacation for the last 10 days or so.

yobrandon

Just wanted to chime in as I found this thread while having the same issue yesterday on an OCE Arizona 480GT. One of my white channels would not fill, causing an ink fill timeout before running a job. Canon recommended I bleed the filter, which I did and I also replaced it totally. Still not working. The ultimate fix was to replace the pump, and three way valves. Since the white pump runs often to circulate, they eventually die. I went ahead and had the tech replace both white ink pumps while he was here as when one goes, the other is surely soon behind it.

Last edited: