• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible Stupid Cutting Question?

quikseps

This might sound like a stupid question but here goes..............Since I do primarily small reflective decals with my XC-540....(Scotchlite 680 & 3200)....I was wondering if all the intricate cutting involved on thousands and thousands of decals on heavy material like this will prematurely kill the machine?

Thanks!

Steve

threeputt

A lay opinion. Roland's are built pretty sturdy. But I gotta believe that the cutting strip will wear and the down force necessary will strain other components. But I don't know for sure.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I’ve often wondered the same thing myself. Not the same machine, but the same theory.

We’ve got some other plotters that have been around for 12 and 13 years and other than new blades, we haven’t seen any sign of the end being near. You’ll probably go through blades quicker, but with regular maintenance…. I would think you’re safe.

Kinda like if you’re a runner and you run so many miles a day…. since you’re pumping your heart, breathing more and using your lungs and sweating much more are those organs and pores gonna wear out any faster ?? Probably not, but only time will tell. You might need a knee replacement or something else, but like the machines…. that’s considered maintenance I guess. :rolleyes:

No different than any other mechanical device.

The only thing that will happen is that you will wear the consumables faster. PREVENTATIVE maintenance will alleviate any headaches and heartaches. In other words if the machine needs something and you take care of it it should give many, many years of service.