• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible to nest contour-cut job and non-contour?

mikeinpdx

I've got a print job that will wind up wasting a fair amount of media. It's not contour cut. I've got a several small contour jobs that I'd like to nest with it, but Versaworks (evidently) turns the whole job into a counter cut job ( and the non-contour one is about 12 feet, so it won't cut accurately). Is there some way to print the contour and non-contour at the same timein versaworks?

SameDay Signs

You should be able to nest them together then print as it is. If you don't have any contour cuts marked on the 1st job it should not cut that job. It will print both together and go back and only cut the contoured one out. after you load both jobs hit the nest button then double clikc it to see properties and make sure you have only dancing red lines (contour lines) around the one job

mikeinpdx

You should be able to nest them together then print as it is. If you don't have any contour cuts marked on the 1st job it should not cut that job. It will print both together and go back and only cut the contoured one out. after you load both jobs hit the nest button then double clikc it to see properties and make sure you have only dancing red lines (contour lines) around the one job

Thanks - the problem is that the non-contour job is about 12' ft, Seems like anything over 10' means it may not be able to find the alignment circles at the end of the sheet. It's frustrating, because there's no reason Versaworks couldn't print the smaller job with its own alignment circles inside of all that wasted space!

CanuckSigns

We do this quite often, I agree 12' is a bit longer than I like to do for contour cutting, but as long as the media is loaded correctly it should be fine.

another option is to print the long non contour job then set your base point beside it and run your contour job, you can then cut off the non contour job before loading the media back in for cutting.

edit: if you want to get really fancy, you could also include the custom cut feature and split your contour job into smaller sections.

splizaat

You could also build ONE file that has both the part that needs cutting and the parts that don't and not bother with nesting, then run it as a print/cut job and it'll only recognize the cut line on the one part. Another option :)