• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible to save a file in Plot?

GoodPeopleFlags

I printed some logos and was about to contour cut them when the spooler starts flashing and gives me the option to Terminate or Restart. I'll figure that out later but that's not my question.

I had moved these logos around to save material. Then I closed the Composer file. Oops. So... the specific placement of these logos now only exists on the Plot page. I want to reboot to try to figure out this other problem but if I do that, I'll have to reprint the logos. I think there is a way I can save this file in Plot. Can I? If so, how?

Oh - I have the old Edge and Omega 2.61.

iSign

I believe that you want to save a spool file (spl?) from the file menu.

I think that when I run edge jobs, 3 programs end up open... Omega, GSPlot, and the one that shows jobs in the que. (like a job manager, but I forget what it's called because someone else has run my Edge jobs for me for a few years now)... but anyway, I think that terminate/restart flash was only going to restart that job manager program... so instead of rebooting, I think you can try restarting the job manager without even closing the GSPlot program...

...it sounds like you want to reboot & dig a little deeper into some part of the issue I may not understand, but I'm not completely sure about saving the spool file, so I'd be more inclined to try to get those decals cut & then dig a little deeper.

Good luck

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
yes, in GSPlot, it's file- save to spool file.....

also i've had the flashing terminate/restart in the spooler before...it's usually one of two things...either i don't have the plotter on (dummy)....but just recently had the problem where i actually had to reinstall the plotter and then everything was fine....

J Hill Designs

you dont reopen, you file: print from spool file -- if thats what you did, then silly me

oh and it cant be open to edit, it's just a printer/plotter file now...

GoodPeopleFlags

You are correct! I just figured it out. For anyone else that may have this problem in the future, here's what to do. Save it as a Spool File. (Then I closed and reopened Composer to see if that would fix the plotter problem.) In Plot, under File, go to "Cut Existing Spool File" instead of "Open". Be sure to have the blade set up exactly where it needs to be cuz that puppy will start cutting immediately! TADA! Thanks, guys!

Marlene

I'm running 3.0 with an Edge 2. I find that if I do repeats, I'll get the dreaded blinking light so I send all prints as a spool file and that seems to work. just start saving the spool file on the plot page and then click on the print from existing spool file and all should be OK.

totally off topic...I love your logo

GoodPeopleFlags

totally off topic...I love your logo[/quote]

Heehee! Thanks! Tiki helped "fine tune" (or "fine toon"!) it for me! Just got my biz cards in the other day. I should post one...

Thanks!