• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible to use Reduce Nodes button on imported images?

Geminis076

Hello, anyone know if it's possible to import an outlined image saved as an AI file (specifically Illustrator 9) into CorelDraw X3 and be able to use the Reduce Nodes button?

I'm still trying to figure out CorelDraw X3, I'm able to use the button on objects created in Corel, but so far not with imported outlined images, option won't appear - wondering if it's even possible?

I have several AI files that need a little node cleaning, making my cuts look very squiggly. My machine quit on me and I had to buy a new one, so I'm re-adjusting and re-learning things because my current method is not really applying to my previous easy-peesy method :doh: :frustrated:.

iSign

I don't Corel, but in Illustrator 9, with your contour selected, you can go to the "Object" menu, choose "Path" and "Simplify" ...from there, you can turn on "preview" and check the box "show original" and then you can mess with the 2 sliders & see what results you get. The before & after number of nodes shows, as well as a look at if the shape starts to change noticably or not.

Also, if you bring vectors into Corel, I would expect you to ba able to edit the same way. Try copying the shape & pasting into a new Corel file.. I would think once you import it, the program wouldn't even notice where the shape came from, once you copy & paste it... but this is just a guess...

signage

You should be able to reduce the nodes imported from an AI file, you most likely need to ungroup!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Once in Corel an object is simply an object. There is nothing special about having been imported from this or that source.

Using Corel's reduce nodes function requires that you select the object, invoke the Shape Tool, and then select the nodes you want to reduce with either a marquee select, selecting multiple individual nodes with the shift key, or merely invoking the Select All Nodes function. Once a set of nodes is selected then you can use the reduce nodes tool.

Note that if nodes on multiple objects are selected the reduce nodes tool will only operate on the top-most object.