Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly branching out into dye sub printing

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by TR Young, Dec 1, 2009.

1. TR Young

TR Young Member

May 11, 2008
    Hello! I have had a very small sign/banner/decal making biz that I do as a side job. I've grown quite a bit, and my decals and signs have gotten a good following on a few of the sites that I am a member of, as well as locally.

A friend of mine who does the same thing that I do, as well as heat transfer vinyl to shirts, suggested that I get into that as well. She showed me the process, and I was amazed that I never thought of that before. Needless to say, I ordered a heat press and it is on it's way to me now.

My question is this... I am very interested now in getting into dye sublimation printing and using that for heat transfer to various substrates. I am looking into the Epson Stylus 4880. My problem is that I know nothing about dye sub printing. I know so little about it, that I don't even know what questions to ask.

So I am asking if anyone could point me in the direction of 'Dye Sublimation For Dummies' or the likes of that. :wink: Links, books, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
  3. TR Young

TR Young Member

May 11, 2008
    Thanks, Mike. Checkin' it out now.