• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possibly branching out into dye sub printing

TR Young

Hello! I have had a very small sign/banner/decal making biz that I do as a side job. I've grown quite a bit, and my decals and signs have gotten a good following on a few of the sites that I am a member of, as well as locally.

A friend of mine who does the same thing that I do, as well as heat transfer vinyl to shirts, suggested that I get into that as well. She showed me the process, and I was amazed that I never thought of that before. Needless to say, I ordered a heat press and it is on it's way to me now.

My question is this... I am very interested now in getting into dye sublimation printing and using that for heat transfer to various substrates. I am looking into the Epson Stylus 4880. My problem is that I know nothing about dye sub printing. I know so little about it, that I don't even know what questions to ask.

So I am asking if anyone could point me in the direction of 'Dye Sublimation For Dummies' or the likes of that. :wink: Links, books, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!