• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possibly buying a new printer, how to sell the old one?

TheSnowman

Anyone have any luck at selling printers, and if so...how did you get rid of them?

I'm looking at upgrading from my current Mimaki JV3 to a JV33-130. I'm trying to figure out rather to just "trade it in" for $1000 credit towards the next one, or just try and sell it some other way via online somehow.

Anyone experienced this and got good tips?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Take some nice photos and a video of it printing. Write up a concise description. Put a GTC (Good 'til Canceled) ad on eBay, ad on Digitsmith, Ad on Signs101, Craigslist and anywhere else you can think of. Be as helpful as you can and you'll find a buyer.

Call your local Freighters & Craters and get a quote to freight it. Offer your customer this option for a charge so they don't have to worry too much about getting it to them if they want to pay for it.

A good way to find a place to list it would be to do a Google search of "Used Mimaki JV3" Wherever you find listings, put yours there too. Include a phone number in all your ads.

Good luck! Most of all be helpful and professional. Make sure your signature line is updated in your emails so they know how to get ahold of you. Buyers are weary, don't give them any reason to doubt that you are a legitimate business trying to sell a piece of equipment you just don't use anymore.

TheSnowman

It's a 54". I'm running CMYK X2 and I've been running Bordeaux inks for probably four to five years. It's been a workhorse, but it's just time to upgrade for tax purposes and for the increased speed of the new ones. Still prints nice. Pumps were just replaced a few months ago, and I've replaced both Magenta dampers this year.

first list it on s 101
2nd send me as much info as possible I have about 25 ppl right now looking for used equip.
3rd notify the equipment guy.

4th sometimes you can get more for them in trade in value.

5th talk to your accountant it might be worth more as a donation / tax right off.

on another note if any one has a cnc router working or not I have more clients searching than I can fulfill.

good luck

tiredcreations

Take some nice photos and a video of it printing. Write up a concise description. Put a GTC (Good 'til Canceled) ad on eBay, ad on Digitsmith, Ad on Signs101, Craigslist and anywhere else you can think of. Be as helpful as you can and you'll find a buyer.

Call your local Freighters & Craters and get a quote to freight it. Offer your customer this option for a charge so they don't have to worry too much about getting it to them if they want to pay for it.

A good way to find a place to list it would be to do a Google search of "Used Mimaki JV3" Wherever you find listings, put yours there too. Include a phone number in all your ads.

Good luck! Most of all be helpful and professional. Make sure your signature line is updated in your emails so they know how to get ahold of you. Buyers are weary, don't give them any reason to doubt that you are a legitimate business trying to sell a piece of equipment you just don't use anymore.
+1 on all this
I plan on selling some equipment in the future and I believe a must is lots of good pictures, video, and a plan for shipping.

too many people won't go to the extra effort of these things & it hurts the sale. don't be lazy about it

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i have sold printers on ebay with great success. list it here with a link, that will get you the best results.

take pictures of what you printed the day you listed it to show it's in great working condition.

Freese

Grimco helped find me a buyer for my JV3 when I bought the new printer.

They don't sell used machines, per se, but they can use their customer base to reach out to someone who might be interested.

Bedlam

HP is offering up to a $10,000 rebate on the L28500 on trade in with a 54" solvent/ecosolv systems. Expires June 30th. If the latex system floats your boat.

TheSnowman

I checked out latex...it's not a necessity for me, and all the added cost and power needed would just be annoying. That's a good rebate deal though.

HulkSmash

I checked out latex...it's not a necessity for me, and all the added cost and power needed would just be annoying. That's a good rebate deal though.

ive had mine for almost a year, and my electric bill hasn't increased at all.

just my savings on ink and waste.

food for thought.

TheSnowman

Not about the electric BILL, but the fact that I've gotta wire up (2) 220 plugs for it, plus the mega more cost in the initial purchase. I think it's cool, but it's not needed. 80% of my work is all short term printing.