• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post Driver

Tom Dalton

Look at http://www.signsdirect.com/Home/Gas-Post-Driver/ where you'll see the gas powered rhino drivers. We sell both, but gas is taking over for pneumatic. It has a little Honda weed eater motor, but packs the same wallop as the pneumatic model. The pneumatic ones are becoming less popular because they require that you pull around a trailer with a huge gas powered air compressor and you have to lug around 20 or 30 lbs of hose.

Kwiksigns

wookie
we have this

We had this one before
http://propanehammer.com/
and it works but it sounds like a shotgun going off! we had a job about 500 yards from a school and they almost evacuated the building!

Interesting... a little off topic, Tippmann started off making replica machine guns and then started making paintball markers. Never knew about other pneumatic machinery they manufacture. So it makes sense that their propane hammer sounds like a shotgun, haha.

Tom Dalton

After watching the video of the propane hammer, it looks a lot more jarring to operate than any of the gas powered or pneumatic drivers.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You people either have never spent any time outside of a city or you have to be kidding. A powered driver for t posts? Save about $1000.00 and ease on down to your local farm supply store and pick up a t post driver. Its' a ~4" steel tube with a weighted cap on one end and a pair of handles, Place it over the t post. Pick it up. Drop it. You can drive a t post into most anything with a few blows.

City people...

CanuckSigns

You people either have never spent any time outside of a city or you have to be kidding. A powered driver for t posts? Save about $1000.00 and ease on down to your local farm supply store and pick up a t post driver. Its' a ~4" steel tube with a weighted cap on one end and a pair of handles, Place it over the t post. Pick it up. Drop it. You can drive a t post into most anything with a few blows.

City people...

Come up here and give that a shot, most of our city was built on an old riverbed, there are more rocks in the ground than there is dirt. We have both a manual pounder and a gas one, if I'm installing 1 or 2 posts I take the manual, if i'm installing 20+ guess which one I take?

City people...

Yee-ha !!!!! :notworthy:

Signed Out

we have this

http://skidril.com/g20d.html

works very well, you have to let it warm up though or it will stall as you are carrying it up the ladder.

We had this one before
http://propanehammer.com/
and it works but it sounds like a shotgun going off! we had a job about 500 yards from a school and they almost evacuated the building!

Looks pretty intriguing. Will that put a U channel post in through blacktop? Also wondering if you can put any attachments in it?

Yee-ha !!!!! :notworthy:

I don't think anybody is talking about driving t-post. The video shows t-post because it's super easy to put in. I think they are talking about 2" square post, Standard u-channel, 2 3/8" round post. More post for standard roadway signs, not fencing t-post. That propane hammer looks like the ticket though.

Cynosure

Propane hammer

We have the propane hammer from tippman. Had some calibration issues at first but tippman took the unit back and fixed it within 2 days. After that, works like a charm here in the suburbs of chicago. I have a hand held post pounder as well which is easier to keep the post straight at times, but when putting in multiple posts in frozen grou nd (because what management company makes those decisions in July?), your arms and back will thank you. They are pricey, but the time saved in frozen, hard or rocky soil will make up for it.