• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

post heating question

simpson246

Hi all, just a quick few questions regarding post heating.

First of all, which parts do you post heat? Is it just the parts you have heated and stretched so parts over arches, curves etc, or would you go over the whole thing.

Second of all, with the Hexis HX20000 Wrap Vinyl, it is recommended to post heat to 80 - 90 degree's C.

I did have a go at this although is this the correct temperature as that produces alot of heat and I'm concerned the heat may damage the paint underneath the graphics.

Any info on this?

Thanks,

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

you need to post heat the entire job, to re-cast the vinyl into the new shape... ESPECIALLY into channels!

Post Heating is SOP for vehicle wraps, don't worry...the paint job is safe.

Xcesiv

We were told during the hexis training we only need to post heat areas that we stretched. If you are unsure post heat it.

I normally post heat 200mm - 300mm everywhere around an area I stretched. This means I do post almost the full wrap, but normally the entre of a flat bonnet doesn't get post heated.

I post heat 100% of my wraps and i dont worry about the heat effecting the paint I try to post heat between 150 and 185deg f. But i always post heat entire job even flat surfaces just to be safe!

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
post heat stuff that was bridged, stretched, concave areas and edges of doors and hood