• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post heating Technique

Bill43mx

I'm about to install my first wrap this weekend and I've been searching for info on post heating the wrap without any luck. I understand the concept and purpose....just looking for the "how" part. I have an IR thermometer, heat gun, and torch, so I'm armed and dangerous.:omg: Any tips on a technique would be greatly appreciated.

CheapVehicleWrap

First off, rush nothing. This job will probably require an entire carton of cigarettes, possibly more. And at least a 30 pack. You're not going to post heat with the torch. Pay close attention to edges, seams, channels and compound curves. Good luck! if you look deep within my avatar, you'll see a decent list of things NOT to do, which should make you more successful.

formanek

You should be able to see in a light reflection blemishes, scratches, etc... when you have done the install. Use light reflection to aid you in knowing when you have applied enough heat. Those blemishes will disappear and you will actually be able to see the adhesion happening in that reflection. It will come to you with practice. If you burn through a spot.... too much heat. :ROFLMAO:

Salmoneye

I am usually using a map welding torch but I am buying a bernzomatic instant with the 5 foot hose. Do they make a diffuser tip the spreads the flame out for this purpose?