• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

post heating the last foot of print?

kffernandez

hi all! i was just wondering how you guys apply post heat to the last part of your prints. since the vinyl would stop moving forward once the print stops, how do you get the last part [1 ft or so] to move through the length of the dryer?

i have a separate dryer from benes for my SC-540, and it makes it even more difficult since it's positioned outside of the printer.

thanks in advance for any inputs!

kelly

WrapperX

when the print finishes manual feed more vinyl through the printer until the print is under the heater...

kffernandez

Can you tape on a foot of scrap material so the heater thinks the print is longer?

ahh. the problem isn't about the media running out. it's about the print stopping, and not automatically pushing paper out in a consistent and regular interval anymore.

when the print finishes manual feed more vinyl through the printer until the print is under the heater...

this is exactly what i've been doing so far. but i'm a bit worried on how under-heating/ over-heating would affect my prints. that's why i'm trying to see if you guys have been able to find a more consistent way of heating it up.

i do some print-contour cutting, and i'm worried that the more heated areas might shift more than others.

thanks for the replies.

kelly

Malkin

Our VersaCamm has a setting to adjust how much is fed out after, though the default works well.