Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question post signs and panels

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by ApexVinyl, Mar 10, 2020.

1. ApexVinyl

ApexVinyl Premium Subscriber

Sep 30, 2019
    Kaukauna, WI
    Hey again, does anybody know of some good articles regarding post and panel signs? I've literally only done a couple small panel signs and no post signs but I've been getting requests night and day for them. I don't know much about that area and I want to double down and start doing them since I don't do wraps. I don't really know the proper techniques and assembly choices for them. Panel signs look fairly simple.... A big pice of aluminum in the size wanted and then slap your printed vinyl on.... Bolt it to xyz surface desired by customer.... But two posts always have a nice border and frame and I don't know where to source that.

I have a sign craft subscription but can't seem to find anything regarding these there.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Tags:
  2. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    try metalcraft and howard industries. Look at the drawings and see how it all works is a good start.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rm5690

rm5690 Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    We’re in a similar boat and Harbor Sales has been super helpful. I hate their website but they’re so much better than Grimco in their product knowledge and customer service. They’re also certified reseller/distributor for SignComp.

www.harborsales.net

• Like Like x 1
  6. ApexVinyl

ApexVinyl Premium Subscriber

Sep 30, 2019
    Kaukauna, WI
    Thank you everybody this is amazing! I appreciate the help and links!

Like I said in my op I know that wraps can be a money maker but as a single person shop it's not feasible for me. If I could source an installer and just sell the print I would be on board. But I'm going to just pursue the sign and market the hardest with vehicle graphics and apparel as well.

• Like Like x 1