• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post your worktable/workspace!

kmacabale

Hello guys new guy to the fourm. We are thinking about changing our work space around and we are looking for some ideas. Could you guys post some pictures of your worktable/workspace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Letterbox Mike

Welcome!

Post up some pictures of your workspace now, maybe a floor plan that's to scale showing where your equipment and fixtures are currently located. There are a lot of great minds here, seeing how your space is currently set up will help us understand your workflow and could lead to some great advice on rearranging.

CreatedDesigns

I bet OSHA and the local fire inspector love that blocked Exit door.

Have you thought about putting in a second level you have a lot of space you are not utilizing I would suggest to install a mezzanine and put paper/roll stock above and machines on bottom level and put the racking on second level also. You have so many small units it looks like a hard area to work in. Just my initial thoughts.

k_graham

Here is a 4 x 8 using some extra boltless ez-rect steel shelving we had, 3/4" plywood underneath 1" on top with 1/4" puckboard on top of that.

Cross pieces are available to 4' wide, lengthwise in 4, 5, 6 and 8

We just put in a 61" HP Latex to compliment our offset and digital printing of the last 30+ years, thinking the ideal might be a 6' width, unfortunately limited to about 8 foot length unless we revamp shop. We could customize the table to 6x8 by joining 2 of 4x6 and continue repeating that in future to 3 of 4x6 etc. I like the modular use of the shelving and ability to reuse it from shelving to mezzanines, though have never had the premise with height for that. What would you consider the ideal width of large format table for a 60" printer?

Ken

Attachments

• 4'x8'_Ez-rect_shelving.jpg
    4'x8'_Ez-rect_shelving.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 109

omgsideburns

All you have to say is, "It's temporary."

I'm not agreeing, but that came straight from an inspector regarding a blocked exit and cords running across the floor at a facility other than that in which I am employed.

rfulford

Have you thought about putting in a second level you have a lot of space you are not utilizing I would suggest to install a mezzanine and put paper/roll stock above and machines on bottom level and put the racking on second level also. You have so many small units it looks like a hard area to work in. Just my initial thoughts.

The same might be true for the electrical panel. Our fire department requires 4' of clearance in front of the electrical panels.

Mezzanines are a great idea since you have such tall ceilings. I notice you do not have an in-feed or out-feed table for your laminator. I would consider moving things around to so you can position the tables in front and behind the laminator.

SignManiac

Internal and external storage with hinged 5'x10' grid and cutting mat.

Attachments

• showroom-14.jpg
    showroom-14.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 104
  • showroom-13.jpg
    showroom-13.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 105

neil_se

I've got one 5x10' steel-framed bench with laminated glass top, but it weights about 1000lb (literally).

I have another two 5x10' timber-framed tables with acrylic tops. They're on castors so we can make a 5x20' or 10x10' table for large tiled signs. The only large self-healing mats I've found in Aus are stupidly expensive.