• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

poster paper

gower15

Looking for poster paper that would be the same as if I went to wal-mart and bought a poster. what kind of paper and weight is it??

I'm having trouble finding it anywhere. It's pretty thin stuff. I have people looking to get some event posters done, but all I have found is 36# and 46# paper but it matte and it is not coated like a normal poster is.

Any help would be awesome.. The 36# paper seems to be the right thickness we are looking for but needs to have a gloss finish..

Thanks..
Kenny

jkdbjj

I prefer even over the intellcoat papers is Oce's 10 mil luster poster paper. I use it for poster for a larger national chain, and it is perfect for what you are talking about. It comes 54"x150 and costs only around 130.00

trakers

Good question. We have struggled with this for quite some time. We need an affordable paper that can be purchased from Fellers.

We used to use the GFPHOTO stuff. It printed great on the Mutoh, but even the slightest bend would put a permanent crinkle in it. Very frustrating on large prints.

The only manufacturer that would supply us samples was Shil (never worked in an industry where getting samples was so hard) and we couldn't get any of the samples to work because we could not locate a profile for the paper for our printer/RIP combo and the ones we have looked like poo.

For the last couple years we have used the Solvex 220g gloss paper ordered from Fellers. While we still have no specific profile for the product, using one of our other profiles usually gives good results.

The Solvex is far from perfect, we have found flies smashed in some of the rolls and there always seems to be a repeating mark over the entire roll into about the first inch of both sides. Like so, so many things in the sign business (scratched blanks, etc) we just (biatch) and work around it.

CS-SignSupply-TT

perhaps I misunderstood?

Looking for poster paper that would be the same as if I went to wal-mart and bought a poster. what kind of paper and weight is it??

I'm having trouble finding it anywhere. It's pretty thin stuff. I have people looking to get some event posters done, but all I have found is 36# and 46# paper but it matte and it is not coated like a normal poster is.

Any help would be awesome.. The 36# paper seems to be the right thickness we are looking for but needs to have a gloss finish..

Thanks..
Kenny

Are you looking for a semi rigid media with a gloss finish? What printer will you be using?

gower15

Thanks for all the replies. I'm using a Roland versacamm sp-300v. I just looking for both matte and glossy 36# paper. The same as if I was to go to like Wal-mart and buy one out of their rack.

Normal posters that you would have had hanging on the wall as a kid. We got some paper from another company and they told this is what I'm looking for. When we opened it it looks like thin white paper on a roll.. I'm looking for a slick very thin poster paper.

I don't know how to discribe it very well, cause I've never had to try and find it before in all these years.

The same thing that if you went out and bought your teen age daughter a Justin Bieber poster for her wall...

Thanks for all your help..

Kenny

GB2

Old Member
What you are looking for is the equivilent of 100# Text C1S, which is coated one side. I use the Sihl 3686 with great results.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland esm!!!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm using a Roland versacamm sp-300v. I just looking for both matte and glossy 36# paper. The same as if I was to go to like Wal-mart and buy one out of their rack.

Normal posters that you would have had hanging on the wall as a kid. We got some paper from another company and they told this is what I'm looking for. When we opened it it looks like thin white paper on a roll.. I'm looking for a slick very thin poster paper.

I don't know how to discribe it very well, cause I've never had to try and find it before in all these years.

The same thing that if you went out and bought your teen age daughter a Justin Bieber poster for her wall...

Thanks for all your help..

Kenny

Good day Kenny,

Thanks for the description update. Roland has what you are looking for. Please check out this link http://www.rolanddgastore.com/category.aspx?zcid=110 and contact me. I will be happy to help you.