• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poster printer?

Flame

Just curious if anyone knew of what kind of printer I should look into for doing poster/ flyers etc. I want to do full color, but nothing really bigger than 11x17. Is there a affordable printer for this (affordable meaning the inks being more affordable than a regular desktop printer)?

:thankyou:

Derf

Dou you want to buy an Encad 700 60" for way cheap... prints great indoor stuff! The guy who owns it has left it in my shop for like a year and he said he may want to sell it for like $500.00... A bit over kill for 11x17 posters but the ink is cheaper than a desk top..LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a Canon Color Laser 900. It’s a few years old, but you can plug your computer directly into it… or treat it like a full-blown copier. We generally make a master and run copies from that. It runs on CMYK toner and costs next to nothing to make a single copy. Ours will turn out about 12 to 14 copies a minute. One cartridge cost is about $75.00 and will do literally thousands of copies. We’ve gotten over 10,000 copies and haven’t added toner yet this year or so.

Flame

Encad for $500? Hey... maybe. I remember reading some about the Encad's... but would you like to remind me what kind of inks they use? Thermal resin? Water based inkjet? Probably not solvent or eco-sol? I may be interested though!

Canon laser 900... hmmm... where do you buy those things and any idea on how much? I'm going to do some research on the web, but any info you have would be appreciated.

I am looking to delve a little deeper into the print market (business cards, flyers, posters etc.) and wouldn't mind a copier and a laser print. Just need to figure out what's needed. :)

:thankyou:

Derf

Water based inkjet! Great color gamut but only 600_DPI great for iindoor posters and cnavas prints

And don't hold me to the price it's not mine and the price was muttered out in passing... but if some one makes an offer I'd like to get his machine out of here so I'm trying to work the deal.