• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poster printing ... constant head strikes

CrAkD

Hey guys lately I've been having issues with head strikes when printing posters. The media is loaded straight and it prints fine for awhile but then the center of the print starts to lift off the printer causing a head strike and a ruined print. In settings I have heat set to off but the printer is still hot to the touch.

Roland SP300v
trisolve 30" paper media.

Any tips or tricks to prevent this? Vinyl always prints perfectly.

Sign Works

Are you turning off the heaters from Versaworks or from printer control panel? I control heaters from the control panel. If printer is still heating up then maybe you have it set to accept heater control settings from the RIP. Maybe check Versaworks manual to see if you have it set to control the heaters from the RIP. I believe default they are controlled from printer control panel, at least that's the way mine has always been.

Sven

I had the same exact problem with a MUTOH 1304. I set the head to "high", and that got rid of 90% of the strikes.

afarraway

The heat is too high, and/or vacuum too low.
Vacuum too high media sticks, vacuum too low media floats - this is in the top three at our shop.
Also sometime the media has a "curled" memory from being on the roll which can catch.
We advance media out quite a bit on new rolls and rolls that have sat on the rack for awhile enough so the curled part is out.