• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

poster profile

is there a "generic" profile to print onto poster paper? i was given a sample of some poster paper from one of my reps but for the life of me i can't remember what the make/ref is for it. and the rep is out of town for the holidays now...so, i tried to do a sample print on my roland vp540i in versa works 3.3 and i used the glossy poster paper profile but it just layed the ink ontop of the media and pooled the ink so it ran. i then tried several other profiles but it did the same thing!!

sfr table hockey

Make sure that the poster paper is intended for solvents. Even some of the waterbased medias I use will print not bad on the solvent printer. Other way around does not work so good.

I have bought some card stock to try and test print and it beaded up and did not soak in on either printer. It had that poster look to the paper and a bit of a sheen but not meant for either printer.

You should be able to use almost any profile on a paper stock and at least not have it pool up.

Do a test with the same profile and drop ink limits to 50% and see if the ink pools yet. Color should be way off but if it still pools it's not the right paper.

My thinking is not the right media for solvents.

CentralSigns

I've been using the profiles for Photo paper with good results. I bought poster paper designed for Eco-Solvent from Roland DGA. I used regular 100 pound paper and had pooling of ink. Hope this helps some.

thanks guys, it had crossed my mind that it maybe the wrong media but as hes my local rep and he knows what machine we have i kinda figured he wouldn't have made that mistake...however it would make sense! i tried some diff profiles even some standard vinyl ones but got the exact same results everytime, it always pooled and the ink ran like it just would not hold or sock into the media........

CentralSigns

The poster paper I got from Roland was good stuff. Not sure what other papers are out there, but it will work nice. The paper even looks nice for pictures. My daughter is a photographer and uses the poster paper for her projects (bigger prints). Color wise it seems to work well.

signswi

Your manufacturer should have profiles available on their website. Install those, then calibrate them with an i1 or whatever you use for media calibration.