• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

posters, vp-540, drying time, versaworks ???

Replicator

My banners come off of the 540 dry as a bone, but my posters (matt finish) come off the printer wet and usually take several hours to dry.

Any recommendations on settings or profiles that will help with this issue.

I am currently using profile : GPPM Photo Matt Paper, with Aspire AIP-SP-54 Solvent Paper.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions or experience with this issue . . .

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey boss, photo papers for some reason tend to just be kinda a pain. It might be the product your using because in general matte finish items should be the quickest drying. For matte paper you should be using like a 140 gram wet stength paper. Are you willing to try other solutions as far as papers go?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
try this: go to magicinkjet.com and look up GFIOP212 or GFIOP140 and then download their ICC profile. (Im pretty sure they have it for your machine) Then try your matte paper again, maybe their profile will help.

(Generally) paper dries slower than vinyl, but there are paper medias that print better than others...and some much worse too! Profile makes a huge difference too.