• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Postershop does not accept EPS or PDF files

lephot

Hi all,

I've just upgrade to postershop 7.3.2. Since this I cannot import EPS or PDF files.
It was working before and it seems it is the JAWS level 3 RIP which is cause au this.
I have been looking at onyx's website, and there are pointing out that JAWSDLL.DLL file version should be 7.3.2.0 which is the case of mine.

Would you have any inputs where this can come from ?

Thanks for your help !

One more point, here is what comes out as an error in the Preflight :
=================================================
Postscript Level 3 RIP execution
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 - Onyx Graphics
Jaws Interpreter and Rendering
Copyright (C) 2008 - Global Graphics
All rights reserved.
=================================================

/typecheck
/Hillock
/EmbossingTape3
/EmbossingTape2
/EmbossingTape1
false
%%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: setglobal ]%%

sjm

Sorry, I meant the 2Mb patch not the 800Mb+ version 7.3.2 upgrade. That worked for us.

lephot

Well, No , but I just Did.. unfortunatly witout any success...
problem remains !
But I just notice something strange.
In the JAWS Level 3 RIP execution window when looking for Help, it gives me a JAWS NT 7.3.2.16 version, while as said before, the JAWSDLL.DLL file has a 4.3.2.0 version.
could this be the problem and if yes How can I solve it ?

beyondgraffix

I have the same problem, Onyx has been very little help. They want me to purchase a year of support for a product that doesn't work! What a joke! Should of never switched, 7.2 was way better. The only consolation is that I have a friend of a friend that works at Onyx that has been helping me out. He's not a tech but, his help has allowed me to squeek by this week.

I've had better results with the PDF's than the .eps's. Also, I simply set all media sizes to 64" regardless of print job size. Set the justification to left. If the job has reg. marks add 1" to the offset to give the opitcal reader room to read the reg. mark.

Side not: "better results" means I had to attempt to rip the job 5 times versus 10.

To my friend of a friend at Onyx, if your reading this thanks soooooo much for all your help. I owe you big time.