• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

posting links to my latest jams on the drums

iSign

I've considered myself a musician for many more years then I've been a sign guy, although it's always been a hobby & never a career.

When I first stepped into the shoes of sign shop owner however, I quit the best band i was ever in because I knew I'd be married to this business in ways that would not allow the level of dedication I felt a band deserved.

Well, after 13 years as a business owner, last year I was beat up pretty bad by the economy & realized I needed a hobby again, even if I was going to work 100 hours a week... so, in December, this bass player I've played 2 or 3 times a year with invited me to meet this other guitarist & jam. They were getting together every Sunday & had been looking for a drummer that better fit their wide variety of mostly original tunes.

Within 3 or 4 Sundays, I found myself saying those words I had shunned for over a decade.. "sure, I'll join the band"

Our playing is really just for fun & may never be taken out on stage much, but we did get to record in a friends basement last week. Last night, I uploaded 5 songs to youtube. The mixing hasn't been tweaked yet, but I'm happy with the results, & thought I'd like to show them to the other musician sign makers around here, and ask you guys to post links of your latest too!

The last 5 entries on my youtube channel were all pulled from one non-stop run of songs last week. 4 originals & 1 old cover. Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/user/islandsign

GypsyGraphics

Wow... you guys sound great!!!! Glad to hear you got back into it again... even when life gets in the way... ya gotta keep doing the stuff that brings you joy.

No one knocking on my door asking me to be in their band, could be cuz i suck!

hmmm... I seem to recall an offer for drum lessons, in a prior thread.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
All 3 sound pretty damn good Doug.
Not sure about the background videos.
That second one for the OldJazz track is a little scary.
Almost like you got an endoscope down into Old Paint's Speedo's (surprisingly roomy in there).....

Keep it up, sounds like a great way to blow off some frustration with what is going on in the economy and the rest of the world.

wayne k
guam usa

iSign

cool.. sign babes!

oh.. hey Wayne almost didn't see ya.. yeah, that endoscopy was a last resort.. tried uploading audio tracks & after wasting half an hour, youtube deleted it for not containing any video.. decided to go with the typical media player style crap...

emo

I also "used to" play drums. Smacked 'em around more like it. They've been in closets for about the last 4 years and just had to rescue them from the flood (up to five hours of running water from a busted washing machine hose).
Been wanting to do some videos to put on youtube just to see how many negative posts they would generate but there's always another catastrophe in the way. Maybe next year.

iSign

thanks Dave!

Jill... I always thought only bad manners got noticed.. a silly notion maybe, but thanks for your kind words again!