• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

posting photos from photo bucket

signfab

Has anyone had any issues posting pics from photo bucket recently?
I've had no problem in the past using the direct link but now the only way I can insert an image is to uncheck the "retrieve remote file" box but then the photo is too large.
Am I doing something wrong?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Has anyone had any issues posting pics from photo bucket recently?
I've had no problem in the past using the direct link but now the only way I can insert an image is to uncheck the "retrieve remote file" box but then the photo is too large.
Am I doing something wrong?

The surest way to post a pic at Signs 101 is from your desktop. The resizing will be done by our image processing software and then Signs 101 will host the image. So we recommend that you do the one extra step of downloading your image to your desktop from Photo Bucket and then upload it to your post.

signfab

You must be right, Photo Bucket's always seems to altering things.
Adding photos to a thread now, transferring them from the desktop leaves me with no thumbnail just the link.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You must be right, Photo Bucket's always seems to altering things.
Adding photos to a thread now, transferring them from the desktop leaves me with no thumbnail just the link.

I think it's their naming. The front image is not a JPG. If you drill down to the original image then it will work. I just find it easier to have it on my desktop first.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OK, managed to get the jpg thumbnails on to the desktop buy can't seem to transfer it to my post.

Does the file on your desktop have a JPG extension? I replace a fair number of these and have found that you have to drill down to get the file that Photo Bucket calls "original".