• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Posting???

Ponto

Ok, I give up... I consider myself quite competent when it comes to file handling and yet am unable to post images as an attachment! I will likely have a D'oh moment when someone is finally able to point me in the right direction... any takers?

JP:banghead:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Click on the Image Attach Icon

Image Attach 01.jpg

In the new window that appears, click on browse, select the image to upload, and click on upload. Close window after upload completes.

Image Attach 02.jpg

This will cause the thumbnails of your uploads to appear at the bottom of your post. You can place them inline as thumbnails by using the same Image Attachment Icon to access the list of attachments. You can also open each attachment after posting and then go back and edit your original post to place each image inline as a full sized picture.

Ponto

D'oh

thankyou thankyou

...following the indicated procedure for attaching images... the file of 558K at 72ppi (504x378 jpeg) begins to upload ... starts to hang... and then "internet explorer cannot display the webpage...blah, blah, blah, window pops up

:banghead: any thoughts...???

JP

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No none at all except it may be related to your Internet Explorer. Any JPG file which does not exceed 1 MB in size and a pixel dimension of 800 x 800 should upload. You will have display problems if the file is saved in CMYK instead of RGB color mode but it will still upload.

Sign_Boy

...following the indicated procedure for attaching images... the file of 558K at 72ppi (504x378 jpeg) begins to upload ... starts to hang... and then "internet explorer cannot display the webpage...blah, blah, blah, window pops up

:banghead: any thoughts...???

JP

There's your problem

SignManiac

Agree with above. Internet Explorer has known holes that are large enough for a .jpg image to leak through. Once they become liquid they don't always recombine into the same file information. This is the same reason a virus can leak inside of IE...plug those holes and your problems are solved.