• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Postscript Font in Corel Draw

buca1

I have a customer that wants a bunch of signs ins a font called Ferdinand. I found the font but it's a Postscripot font. Can I use a Postscript font in Corel Draw? I figured that if I can use it in Corel Draw I could convert it to curves before I out put it to a printer or cutter.

Jerry McGarvey

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If your operating system is Windows 2000 or later, you have thae ability to install PostScript Type 1 fonts in the same way as you would install TrueType fonts. Just open the control panel > fonts > file > install and navigate to the font(s) to be installed. Once installed into Windows, they will show up in your Corel font menu.

The main thing different with PostScript fonts is that they are made up of two separate files, both of which must be present for the font to work correctly.

buca1

Thank you. I'm continually amazed at how easy it is to get a clear straightforward answer from this group. You guys should be the one that write the documentation for Windows and all of the applications that we use. When I checked out the resources available from Microsof and Corel there was not much in the way of application specific information available.

Thanks again,

Jerry McGarvey