• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pounce pattern?

ashleighfiddler

Hey guys, I know versaworks can make a perf cut pattern. Has anyone used this on paper to make a pounce pattern for a mural? I had a customer come in wanting a pounce pattern for some large lettering he is going to paint himself.

Can anyone share info or experience on the best way to produce this? I'm using Corel, versaworks and a roland x4r640. Thanks!!

J Hill Designs

I wouldn't trust it, pounce mechanics are a bit different than perf-cut

I would pen plot it and use my electropounce machine to make the pounce pattern. If you dont have one, grab a pounce wheel from a hobby store

Jackpine

You can used a pattern wheel. Available at any fabric store. Draw or plot with your cutter, use a pen, the lettering then "pounce" it.

Billct2

I agree. Pen plot & pounce by hand.
We used to pounce on the homosote sign tables (and eventually ruin them doing it), but a piece of coro cardboard works too.
You want to use enough pressure to pierce the paper without tearing it.
As you do it hold it up to the light to make sure you're creating the holes.
If the powder wasn't getting thru well, we'd flip it and lightly sand the back.

I remeber back when pounce pattern storage racks were a big topic of discussion.

Mosh

Plot pattern, ponce on top of some cardboard, flip over the pattern once ponced lightly sand the holes to make sure they are all open, high grit sand paper

Jillbeans

Pen-plot in reverse, then pounce with a wheel.
The graphite powder flows better through the holes this way.
(if you're worried about the client not being able to see where to pounce, trace the pen plot with a Sharpie (tape paper to a window)
I sooo miss my 4B for making pounce patterns.
I was told that the Graphtec did, and it doesn't. I hate hand-pouncing.
Love....Jill

Joe Diaz

If you do a lot of patterns you are with out a doubt going to want to get an electro-pounce machine....... until that fateful day when you accidentally zap yourself and question the hubris of mankind to assume that we can harness the power of electricity. :omg: :Big Laugh

Oh and also we print our patterns on the backs (the non waxy part) of the backing paper from our used laminate rolls before we pounce. (Who says sign guys don't recycle?) The other nice thing about printing patterns is that unlike with a plotter where you need a perfectly combined vector image to make your pattern, you could print photos if you wanted to and use those to make patterns for pictorial work.

OldPaint

electro pounce is childs play zapping......NOW WHEN YA GOT A DEFIBRILLATOR/pace maker in your chest......and it goes OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you know you got hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1hahahahahahahahahahaha

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
electro pounce is childs play zapping......NOW WHEN YA GOT A DEFIBRILLATOR/pace maker in your chest......and it goes OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you know you got hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1hahahahahahahahahahaha
Heh,
explains the uncontrolled repeated tapping of the ")(!" keys......

wayne k
guam usa

Jwalk

Oh man I can't wait till I get zapped. I fear I'll never get a chance. We always project for the most part I have only had to pounce a few times.