• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pounce tool on the 8000/8600 - Where to attach?

PortlandPrint

Hello All,

I just picked the pounce tool for my 8000. The instructions that come with it are for 4100/5100 and say to refer to your owners manual.

The 8000 or the 8600 manual does does not state which position to put the tool in, nor which way to align it.

When I put it in the die cutting position (front) and line it up the same way the instructions show for the 4100, the blade would plunge into the actual metal (in front of the cutting grove) vs the cutting groove.

If I put it in the kiss cutting / back position, it seems like it aligns to the cutting groove.

Should it align to the cutting groove, or the cutting strip?

Thank you!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Looks like the front of the holder on the 8600 (so it sits over the perf cutting channel) according to this video:

Not sure why it's hitting the metal of the channel though. We don't have a pounce tool to test with here either.