• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

power outage today....so the power went out at my shop today, my printer was in sleep

F80M3

Custom Title
at the time... its a Mutoh VJ628

power came back up and the printer started beeping, so i hit the little square button and the beeping stopped but there are 2 lights flashing green and orange

what do i do now?

Stormyj

Just another guy
Thanks! I just got the printer, didnt even go thru the whole manual yet. :)

I think I should get a UPS for it just for this kinda of situation? I was lucky I was at the shop when it happened, what if it was the weekend and the power went out on friday and it was stuck in that error mode all weekend! that would be bad.

That would be bad. Youd come back to dried up heads. Pretty expensive fix.

F80M3

Custom Title
ok will look for a UPS this week. last question for now... if i set the printer to clean ever 12 hours and sleep it will it wake itself up to clean? and if so will it sitll do it if the rip computer goes offline due to power (if the printer is still up on UPS)

F80M3

Custom Title
picked up a 1300 UPS last night at costco for $99.

still wondering about the auto clean thing... i know i have to leave material in and the rollers down. Once the auto cleaning time is setup, if the computer loses power, it should still auto clean right?

J Hill Designs

picked up a 1300 UPS last night at costco for $99.

still wondering about the auto clean thing... i know i have to leave material in and the rollers down. Once the auto cleaning time is setup, if the computer loses power, it should still auto clean right?

auto clean is independent of computer so yes

ok will look for a UPS this week. last question for now... if i set the printer to clean ever 12 hours and sleep it will it wake itself up to clean? and if so will it sitll do it if the rip computer goes offline due to power (if the printer is still up on UPS)

yes it will wake up and clean, no pc connection needed for that...if you sleep printer friday at 5 it will wake up and auto clean at 5pm Saturday and Sunday on 24hr cycles.

fresh

I don't have a latex machine, but I know my UPS can't handle the load of our mimaki CJV30130 when its running. I have a SmartUPS 1500... My father assumes most of the power draw is due to the post heater, and even wanted to rewire my printer so that the heater has its own plug.

F80M3

Custom Title
good to know, you are prob right the heater prob pulls a lot of power. I wonder what other people are doing/using....

father

good to know, you are prob right the heater prob pulls a lot of power. I wonder what other people are doing/using....

APC has a nice little tool on their site for selecting a backup to suit your needs.

I will say that most people buy a "more affordable" backup which does 2 things. It supplies direct AC power to your device and it converts AC to DC to charge the battery backup. Once power goes out, it will switch over to the battery. This means there's a delay in power supplied to your device which can be detrimental.

You're better off getting one that converts the power from AC to DC to constantly charge the battery and supplies power straight from the battery. That way theirs no delay to power.

Make sure whatever you get has a Voltage Regulator.

There's a ton of info out there on "what do I need for...". Your manual should list the power requirements.