• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Powerful Cleaning Falcon Jr.

Bannerday

How do I do a powerful cleaning on a Falcon jr.

I looked in the user manual and it didn't show it.

I have no black at all. I've done 2 30 min head soaks. I have
ink in the damper.

I'll do a longer head soak but want to do the power cleaning.

Can I just do a power cleaning on the black or do I have to do
all 4 at once?

Thanks

AUTO-FX

Do several clean cycles in a row, it's either the third or the fourth clean cycle that will be a power cycle. You'll know it when it's doing a power clean.

Bannerday

Do several clean cycles in a row, it's either the third or the fourth clean cycle that will be a power cycle. You'll know it when it's doing a power clean.

I'll know it when I see it huh, sounds like love:Big Laugh

Thanks for the help, I'm off to run a several cleanings in a row.

Williams Signs

when the display says plot OK. press menu button 4 times. Display should say utilities. next press the nozzle check button. Display should read error display. Next press menu key 4 more times. Display should read clean Normal>. Press the resolution key. Display should change to clean powerful. Next press the Nozzle check key twice.

artbot

make sure your pump tubes are securely attached to the pump and caps, etc. i've pulled my hair out with an old fj-50 before to only see that the pump tube had disconnected. to check for suction, put some solution in the cap and run the softest clean. recheck the cap, is the solution still there? that would eliminate the idea of accessing fluid from the head/supply side.

Bannerday

make sure your pump tubes are securely attached to the pump and caps, etc. i've pulled my hair out with an old fj-50 before to only see that the pump tube had disconnected. to check for suction, put some solution in the cap and run the softest clean. recheck the cap, is the solution still there? that would eliminate the idea of accessing fluid from the head/supply side.

Put the cleaning fluid on the cap and ran regular clean. The fluid stayed in the cap.

Now what?

MachServTech

If the solvent is not draining then you could have a clog in the cap/pump/drain tubing. If you have the ability disassemble and check this. Sometimes it can be cleared with a syringe of acetone. (please wear eye protection).
If you don't understand this contact a service technician.

artbot

here's a tutorial on the mutoh jr. i didn't watch it but it might help you familiarize yourself with the way to clean it up. these pumps really can last for a very long time. but they do get clogged, or get a flat spot in the interior pump tube, or the pump tube can fail (ink will be on the gears). rebuilding them equates to just putting a fresh tube through it. very easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKUsYMXjdQ

edgette

here's a tutorial on the mutoh jr. i didn't watch it but it might help you familiarize yourself with the way to clean it up. these pumps really can last for a very long time. but they do get clogged, or get a flat spot in the interior pump tube, or the pump tube can fail (ink will be on the gears). rebuilding them equates to just putting a fresh tube through it. very easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKUsYMXjdQ

How do you fix the pump tube if you see ink on the gears?

artbot

you just get a new tube and hope that the pump itself hasn't been damaged or mucked up. the tube just runs in and around, the pump has two rollers that simply "massage" the ink through. always have a few feet of pump tubing, you can use it on your syringes, making repairs to the pumps, etc.

edgette

you just get a new tube and hope that the pump itself hasn't been damaged or mucked up. the tube just runs in and around, the pump has two rollers that simply "massage" the ink through. always have a few feet of pump tubing, you can use it on your syringes, making repairs to the pumps, etc.

Called CMYK parts and they don't have that tubing. I found this place http://www.lavaink.com/Printer-Parts/Mutoh-RJ-4100-Parts.html is the pump tubing listed the correct stuff?

artbot

sure looks like the stuff. strangely i've heard of all kinds of tubing being used. sometimes it's silocone and sometimes something else. i've heard of people using tubing found at a auto parts store. these pumps must not be too finicky.