• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Powerwash

Berferful

Hey folks,

I'm a long time Printer and a newbie Signmaker with my Rolland Sp540 and Graphtec cutter. I've had success with posters, banners and some vehicle graphics. I have a customer that wants me to install 24" x 48 inch decals on the side of a number of trucks. The install will be on a flat surface with no rivets or any other impediments. Their question to me was will the decal stand up to powerwashing? I was going to use a Lg gloss cal vinyl with Oragard 210 lam.
Will it stand up? Am I using the right stuff?

Thanks for your input,

there is pressure washing and there is PRESSURE washing. i know fleets that with care utilize a pressure washer for daily cleaning that have no issues with their graphics....and then there are the places that the cleaning crew uses the pressure washer like a chisel for removing debris and they have no regard for the cost of the graphics...for that situation there is nothing i know of other than paint that will do the job.

i think it is important to have a talk with the company about realistic expectations. maybe give them a test graphic and see if it meets their expectations...either way i would without a doubt have an addition in my contracts on this project to remove my responsibility from improper cleaning.

Billct2

What Dan said. I have done septic trucks that get seriously cleaned evey day and the graphics wore out before they came off, but I would never guarantee that, and I always stipulate graphics should not be power washed.

jscarl

I power wash my truck, and even run it thru the cloth wash. But i don't try to power remove it with the wash. I used 651 also, and it's been there 3 years.