• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pre-Mask for Long Rolled Up 40C Wall Prints?

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
Looking for recommendations for a PreMask for 54" 3M 40C prints, that will be as long as 20'. The prints will have to be applied in Direct Sunlight, several hundred feet in the air, by a painting contractor crew that is very used to piecing together Huge Paint Stencil vinyl pieces to paint logos, but not so much digital prints. The stencils usually are masked with RTape 4075 RLA, but also are left either super loosely rolled and/or kept at managable 10' lengths then stacked flat in a box truck for transport to limit tunneling.

I usually have in the shop some Clear TransferRite 501 that I will use for helping to install wrap film outdoors in direct sunlight here in Florida. However that stuff is still not available to order new and I dont have enough to use it on this job.

Because of the size of some of these prints, I am hoping to be able to roll them up for transport with the least likelihood of Tunneling happening.

I was looking at maybe the 3M SPCM - 44X, but have never tried it before. I could get the same usual Rtape 4075 RLA, but just wonder if there is a better suited material.

Any thoughts.........

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Transfer could be a good idea for long panels outdoors to reduce stretch, however at that viewing distance perfect panel alignment might not be a big issue and going back up 20' to remove transfer before the next panel can be applied will significantly increase install time. I don't typically use transfer on laminated IJ40 but I haven't installed panels that tall outdoors.