• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Precision and tracking in FC8600-160

whatsinaname

We are planning to replace some of our Graphtec 24" width machines with the FC8600-160 (64") models. We cut a lot of intricate letters for our sticker cutting jobs and precision is very important.

Just wondering if going from a smaller width to a higher width is going to affect the precision of cutting. We do see that the Graphtec specs mention the same tracking and accuracy across all the widths but has anybody noticed any drop in precision and tracking while upgrading to wider models?

jfiscus

Rap Master
The accuracy of the FC8000s is pretty amazing for how large they cut and is comparable (or better) to any other friction-fed plotter out there. On the other hand if you really do a lot of small, precise cut vinyl lettering there is no substitute for sprocket-fed gerber plotters.

whatsinaname

The accuracy of the FC8000s is pretty amazing for how large they cut and is comparable (or better) to any other friction-fed plotter out there. On the other hand if you really do a lot of small, precise cut vinyl lettering there is no substitute for sprocket-fed gerber plotters.

Yup, I heard even the Summas are good with precision. But our issue is whether the tracking and precision is getting affected if we go from a smaller width Graphtec FC8600 to a wider FC8600? Does the extra movement of the cutting head over a wider distance affects the precision?

jfiscus

Rap Master
You can add extra registration marks for larger jobs if you feel that the accuracy isn't as good as you'd like it to be, but in my experience it has been more accurate than any other plotter I've ever used for print/plot jobs.