• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prefered Screen Print Black

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Sending a file to third party for screen printing. Single color, black, on white coroplast. I'd like to make the file as painless as possible for the end user. All fonts converted and all shapes welded etc. Only question i have is color. In our four color process world we use a specific formula for black. Is there a specific black screen printers would prefer? Maybe I'm over thinking it and doesn't really matter.

ExecuPrintGS

Would depend how they print the films for making screens.
Just set it to black and give them a file, they can easily do what they need to do (don't over think it), You have already done way more compared to the "ready to go" artwork we get all the time.

tim99

with the way screen printing is It shouldn't matter especially for a single color print. just make sure to let the printers know it needs to be black print and all should be good.

2B

for screen printing, PMS is the color code used for referencing. HOWEVER, you will have to contact the vendor and find out what color codes they reference and also what inks they use as these usually overrule the PMS color codes unless you have to have a color match.

would suggest you try FireSprint.com, their new website is VERY easy to use, lets you pick the colors and details how to send the files in.
They are always on their A game

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Thanks all for the input. We've been using the same vendor for years with no problems. I know sometimes we just do what we know and not bother letting the customer know our frustrations. LIke when we get pdf's and things are obviously wonky.We just open in photoshop and save out as tif.

d fleming

If you have art saved as all welded vector in a pdf format you should be good. At my end I would change your black to 0-0-0 rgb black for output to film if that was how I were making your screen. For simple one color line art work on coro most of the time I just cut the file in reverse on black vinyl, stick to coated screen and expose in the Florida sunshine. Nice crisp stencil with no undercutting. As far as black for print ink, for coro I would use nazdar 7900 series corogloss black opaque ink.

Bill Modzel

I stopped using the 7900 series corogloss 30 years ago. It was a pita to use, smelly, dried in the screen to quickly, even with my semi-auto screen press. I started using NaZdar's 9800 polybanner ink. Great viscosity right out of the can. Prints beautifully and have had 0 failures because of fading or adhesion.

d fleming

I have had zero problems with corogloss inks over the years. I run a pair of semi auto clamshells. In a pinch I might use 9700 with adhesion promoter, normally my go to for printing coated aluminum blanks.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
The setup really depends on the pritner's RIP software. For us, the most important thing, aside from a 100% vector graphic, would be that all the same color to print, is actually the exact same color in your file.

For example, you could create black in your file an infinite number of ways (by using a spot color black, 100%k, 100|40|40|60 (Cmyk), etc etc.). It's helpful if every time we are supposed to print a color, the file represents that color in the same way.

When we print our films for screen printing, we need to select 1 color at a time to prep it for the RIP, and if there are different versions of that color, it makes the selection more complicated and error prone.

***Note: These points apply mostly to screen printing and are not as important if we run digital.