• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Preferred Premask?

FlorenceC

Coffee first. Your problems later.
Good Afternoon All.
We've been putting together some truck trailer graphics here with calendared cut vinyl (MacMark 9800) and we're 0-2 on premask. Our usual premask (3M SCPM-3) has mostly failed to pull the vinyl off the liner. Thinking the age of the roll may have been a factor, we recently had our supplier suggest something else (TransferRite Ultra 582U) which was supposed to be a stronger tack than the SCPM-3. It performs even poorer :(

We've tried burnishing both products with the usual spreaders - none of that seems to make a difference.

Can anyone suggest what we're missing here and/or a stronger pre-mask which will handle lettering that is about 2' tall and will span the length of a truck trailer?

Scotchbrite

No comment
We use TransferRite medium tack (500 series) for everything here. They also have the 700 series stuff that's their high tack line.

FlorenceC

Coffee first. Your problems later.
For some reason, our rep doesn't carry the TransferRite 700 line - just an ultra high tack (the 1320). I should have access to SCPS-55 too. We are taking a full scale sample of what we're dealing with to test with some open roll stock, so we'll investigate this further. We don't have an immediate supplier of 4075RLA, but may look in to that too if all else fails.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!