• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Preferred wall wrap vinyl.

CC-CMYK

What do you like to to wrap walls with? I commonly use 3m ij40 and Avery 2080 laminate. I like how matte 2080/ 3080 is.

PrintNinja

painted drywall? block? concrete? we burn through a lot of 180c. with matte lam. i haven't tried ij40 being a calendared film i'm afraid of it shrinking and showing overlaps.

ij35 is our go-to for quick cheap prints. i havent tested its longevety on drywall yet. one callback about peeling vinyl isnt worth it.

CC-CMYK

painted drywall? block? concrete? we burn through a lot of 180c. with matte lam. i haven't tried ij40 being a calendared film i'm afraid of it shrinking and showing overlaps.

ij35 is our go-to for quick cheap prints. i havent tested its longevety on drywall yet. one callback about peeling vinyl isnt worth it.
We do a lot of temporary exhibitions for museums. That’s why we’ve been using 40c. It’s seems to hold well for longer applications too. We always add a strip of banner tape at the top too.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
What do you like to to wrap walls with? I commonly use 3m ij40 and Avery 2080 laminate. I like how matte 2080/ 3080 is.
This is our go-to combo as well, and I haven't run into any issues yet. We print them on our Mimaki UCJV so don't have to worry about solvent ink causing curling/failing.

Did a couple walls in our house with 3M 40c unlaminated and that has also held up well.

signheremd

I really like General Formulas' WallMark High Tack Removable 226HTR. Yes, it is both high tack and removable. We also use a fair amount of MacTac Rebel 528 High Tack for permanent wall graphics.

Is nobody using Photo-Tex for these applications anymore? We have a wall wrap job coming up and we were planning on using Photo-Tex over traditional vinyl media. Can vinyl products like IJ-40 be removed and repositioned? That's the main thing that is leading us to use Photo-Tex. In theory, it doesn't stretch and is easy to apply and reapply, if necessary so it seems like a great option. I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks!

CC-CMYK

Is nobody using Photo-Tex for these applications anymore? We have a wall wrap job coming up and we were planning on using Photo-Tex over traditional vinyl media. Can vinyl products like IJ-40 be removed and repositioned? That's the main thing that is leading us to use Photo-Tex. In theory, it doesn't stretch and is easy to apply and reapply, if necessary so it seems like a great option. I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks!
I’ve been having bad luck with Phototex but we do a lot of 17’ walls. It tends to get these bubbles/ creases that come back. Also doesn’t stick as easily. We’ve had clients prep the walls with high gloss paint that reacted well with the adhesive. In our case it ended up being Ben Moore “Ben” line. When we’ve tiled Phototex with both vertical and horizontal seams so each drop was half the wall hight we had better luck. Have yet to use high tac on any large jobs. It’s transcendent so it needs double cutting. I may try it in the future. Try to stay away from Phototex if the client doesn’t care. We use 40c for our wall wraps. We reposition it all the time. Tack it down lightly at first. Vinyl also lets you stretch something into alignment so you don’t have to reposition it.

johnnysigns

I specifically remember phototex opaque still showing through on seams. It's been a while since I've used it, but I'll dig up a photo. I do remember the content was yellow and black, but not sure how much that would matter.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Try Retac from Drytac. It is 6mil semi-rigid (no stretch, very stable, some customers double-cut it and for whatever reason it doesn't really shrink). If applied to a well painted wall, it removes cleanly even after years of application. You don't laminate it (it is textured) so you save hundreds right out of the gate against using IJ40 + lam.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
GF 226 Wall Mark

Works wonderful. We use this all the time for flat, drywall, temporary projects. In fact we are just starting on a 600’ x 12’ (total) project. Goes up for about 2 months. Not had any issues in using this material.

Now for sand texture, block, brick, etc. we use 180 or (480 for block/brick)

mbasch

Our go to is Avery 2611 although you have to overlap because it does shrink. I believe it is a rated for 7 years. It stick to most paints extremely well.