• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Premium Vinyl vs Flatbed Printing

davearama

I don't have a flatbed printer, like most folks, though I can always get something printed whoesale.

That said, which will look better longer...

1. something printed on UV flatbed on DiBond/Max Metal etc or

2. vinyl letters using premium/cast vinyl?

Mostly black lettering with red/faded red logo (10% of total amount printed/lapplied)

Thanks

equippaint

What have been your results in the past? It seems to be a bit of a silly question but there must be a reason to ask if you've been a member for 10 years

Superior_Adam

premium cut vinyl will for sure last longer. I give options to the customer as direct printing is faster and cheaper. Let them make the call.

davearama

First...to equippaint...I don't have any experience directly with cast vs digital so not sure "silly" is the word I'm looking to describe my situation and that's why I'm asking.

I don't have flat bed so once I pay wholesaler and get a 4' x 8' sign made/crated & shipped don't think it'll be cheaper. I think it'll be more.

Looks like cast is the winner by wide margin. Glad to hear it because that's what I'd prefer to do. Thanks to all for your time and help! dm

Eduardo Massuda

I don't have a flatbed printer, like most folks, though I can always get something printed whoesale.

That said, which will look better longer...

1. something printed on UV flatbed on DiBond/Max Metal etc or

2. vinyl letters using premium/cast vinyl?

Mostly black lettering with red/faded red logo (10% of total amount printed/lapplied)

Thanks

This is my results In Houston Texas - AVG from 40f - 98f. vertical install.
I have the 4 machines:
UV flat bed Scitex HP550 - rated 3 years outdoor..... depending the area Fails about 14 months with no lamination.
UV Flat bed EFI - rated 2 years outdoor ..... depending the area Fails about 6 months with no lamination.
Latex Gen 2 ( L26XXX) series - yellow fails in 14 months ( specially yellow). Laminated.
Latex Gen 3 ( Latex 335 series) * current I'm using.... Holding 2-1/2 years with lamination ( 3m IJ35C + Orafol 210 ).
Roland Eco sol and Epson S40 - Holding 3 + years no lamination on IJ35C.
I always use 3M series vinyl, no problems.

Agreed using Cut premium vinyls, life is 5 years to 10 years depending the area.
Best of luck. Ed.