• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Preparations for moving?

ABPGraphics

Alright...

Our new building is finally finished and we're going to be moving in and opening Monday. Our only concern now is that our printer will get damaged in transit. What precautions should we take with our printer? It's a Roland SP 300v and we were wondering if there is any sort of lock down/transportation mode you can put it in before we take it to the new location. And also any tips you guys would be great too. I'm sure if we let our movers have at it they would just chuck it in the back of a pickup and haul it over there.

CS-SignSupply

Perform PUMP UP procedure with cleaning cartridges, install head lock, remove drain bottle, cap bottom drain tubes.

How long is the move?

amw

Longtime Members
If its close by, you dont have to do anything except the head lock.
(usualy stored on the back side of the printer, with a thumb screw)
Just strap it in the truck good so it dosent move.

If you will be tilting it much then you should do the whole thing as mentioned above.

Marsha

TheSnowman

When we moved ours, we had to put it on a scissors lift since it was upstairs, and then we lifted it off of that, into the trailer, and moved it. All they told us to do was put duct tape on the head so it couldn't move...no trouble here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you want to do it safe and correctly, follow Bobby's advice. Otherwise, when the shortcuts fail and you don't have a printer working properly when you set it up again.... don't be cursing anyone out but yourself.

ABPGraphics

The move is like 2 blocks away and we don't have to do anything fancy with it but wheel it around to a truck. We have the head locker on the back so I'm hoping that isn't too complicated to install.

(EDIT) I just finished a print and tried looking at the print head to see if it was obvious how to install the head lock but it wasn't. Anyone have some good direction on how to do it?

CS-SignSupply

here is an image that might help

Attachments

• Roland Head Retainer.jpg
    Roland Head Retainer.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 49

dlndesign

We moved about 3 months ago, just down a couple blocks, all we did was strap it down so it wouldn't move on the flatbead and drove it over, no issues.