• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Preparing printers for move

J

jcuads1

I'm in the process of moving the shop. Distance around 8 miles using a truck with lift, no stairs involved. Among the equipment I have a JV33 160 and HP Designjet 5500. I would greatly appreciate information on Preparing the JV33 and the HP5500 for transporting. Thanks

TheSnowman

I moved my JV3 to a new shop a few years ago. Advantage said to just park the head, and duct tape it in place so it couldn't move. That was it. Had no trouble.

bendeane

Don't have either of those, but I've moved my VJ1614 twice and it still runs great. Locked down the head and strapped her down tight and she was fine. On trip was down the street, the other about 10 miles on the highway in a box truck with a lift. I'm sure I didn't do it the best way, but she still loves me.

DRPSignsNGrafix

I moved my Roland and my Mutoh in a trailer all the way from NY to Fla every year for week to set up in a hotel for an event. Never had a problem. Just park the head and and make sure it's can't move. Both machines never gave me a problem.

ova

When we moved we just parked the head and used the attachment that came with the machine to lock it down. Also remove the ink waste bottle and put the cap on where the bottle goes.

After you get to the new location, hook the printer up and run a test print a couple of times. Don't want to leave it sit idle too long just incase the head moved slightly.

Dave