• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prepping vehicle windows

Wesley Powell

Account Rep
Alright guys, I want to know what cleaning solutions or techniques you guys have found works best for prepping vehicle windows to help get rid of the film/rain-x that always seems to be on them. We wipe them down with alcohol like the rest of the vehicle but it just seems like no matter how many times we wipe them down it still has that greasy feel.

ShaneW

I use a super fine (White) scotch pad with isopropanol diluted 50/50 with distilled water for cleaning. This has always worked in prep for applying tints or fly-eye vinyl

OPENSignsInc.

I usually use alcohol, but helped a window tint shop redo a vision print job (their customer changed their mind on a couple images) a couple weeks ago. The decal (70/30 briteline) had only been on a less than 48 hours and the adhesive was completely adhered to the glass (usually it will "snap off" but we had to scrape it off). They had just used DirtOff with a window squeegee after razor blading the window. I'll probably try this again in the near future and see how well it holds up (especially on front windshields where the wipers might come in contact)

Dr. Decal

I use rapid remover, clean away, rapid tac, clean away. Over the years I have also decided that Newspaper is the best thing to clean windows with. Works better than microfiber or paper towels.

myront

CorelDRAW is best

Uh...from their website FAQ section

upload_2019-6-25_16-14-4.png

Category5

I use acetone. It’s safe on glass, but keep it away from paint. Old trick I learned from my days as a professional photographer. Nothing will clean high end optics better. It gets rid of stuff like RainX on automotive glass quickly and easily.