Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressure treated lumber shortage

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Apparently its been going on for a month or so. Keep this in mind when selling real estate or site signs. Everyone is out of those 4x4s

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Was at Home Depot on Sunday and they had a whole sh!tload of them in 8', 10', 12' and 16'. Not around here.... anyways, not yet.

3. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Yep. All those damn DIYers gobbling up all the building materials while bored out of their minds at home! (I'm guilty as charged, despite still putting in 50 hour weeks at the shop)

4. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Well, Lowes was clean out of them. I went to Home Depot and they had the whole pressure treated area blocked off... and not like they do when they have to use the fork lift, they barricaded it with pallets all around the sides. I climbed over them around the back and hauled away what I needed in secrete.

5. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

Good luck finding a lot of things. Economy wire yard sign stakes have been problematic to come by in recent weeks and I needed six bags of mortar mix Saturday. I went to Menards and they were completely out and Home Depot had five so I bought their last five bags.