• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pretty hot in the shop today!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
95 Degrees.

We have fans everywhere, Gatorade, water and Popsicles for the guys...

Nothing else on the docket is due today, but they opted to get ahead instead of taking the afternoon off.

What a team we have here at FireSprint.

Thanks Jay, Jody, Micah, John & Evan!

-Gene

Attachments

• hot hot hot.jpg
    hot hot hot.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 70

jayhawksigns

The shop here has got AC, but working on the vehicles we have to get done outside is killer. Looking at over a 100 outside today.

cdiesel

Tell me about it.. We've resorted to keeping the A/C down at 60*. This lets it get caught up at night when everything's off and it's cool outside. We've been running since 7:30am (it's 1:30pm now), and our print room is 88*. The A/C just can't keep up with the heat from outside and the latex printers going. Whoever says these things don't put off a considerable amount of heat is full of it.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I was also worried about water vapor. We can't be spraying that in our shop. It doesn't seem like that's a problem though.

WildWestDesigns

95 Degrees.

We have fans everywhere, Gatorade, water and Popsicles for the guys...

Nothing else on the docket is due today, but they opted to get ahead instead of taking the afternoon off.

What a team we have here at FireSprint.

Thanks Jay, Jody, Micah, John & Evan!

-Gene

I always try to be a team player when I can.

Thanks for the props,

The Other Evan

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's 95° here too. Supposed to be in triple digits here starting tomorrow and for the next few days.

ThinkRight

I always try to be a team player when I can.

Thanks for the props,

The Other Evan

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's 95° here too. Supposed to be in triple digits here starting tomorrow and for the next few days.

It will work for you sometimes , but middle Tenn is pretty humid alot.
It will be great most of the time , when it is running and not cooling when humidity is above 70% just turn off the water pump and use the fan .

2B

@ Colorado & thinkright
the machine produces no real heat since there is no compressor, hence it is better suited for indoor usage.

either one can to explain what "evaporation" is if it is not placing moister into the air?
direct quote from thinkright's link "it also has the added benefit of conditioning the air with more moisture for the comfort of occupants."

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Ok....I see the difference. How would it affect us in a printing environment though? Adding moisture to the air....hmmm

WildWestDesigns

It will work for you sometimes , but middle Tenn is pretty humid alot.

Unfortunately, it's dry and hot. My horse pastures have no moisture in the morning and could actually end up being dry lots if we don't get any rain. I have a feeling that this summer might be another water rationing summer.

ThinkRight

@ Colorado & thinkright
the machine produces no real heat since there is no compressor, hence it is better suited for indoor usage.

either one can to explain what "evaporation" is if it is not placing moister into the air?
direct quote from thinkright's link "it also has the added benefit of conditioning the air with more moisture for the comfort of occupants."

You said no real heat, just sprays water mist out
There are misting coolers and evaporative coolers ,they are not the same thing.
In dry climates ,they work better than A/C ,in humid climates they suck bad .