Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Check for the Mosh???

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Mosh, May 5, 2011.

1. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Doing these rider signs 6"x24" that have custom printed codes to read from a smart phone. Charging $25 each, the customer is fliping out, but keeps coming back. Out of line???? Normal Riders I get $10 each, but you have to get 10 at a shot.

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Sounds reasonable to me.

3. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I wouldn't do 'em for that...

4. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    How are they constructed?

5. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Kinda like having to call the plumber......you don't like the price but you don't like not being able flush when need be.

6. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    $25 for a one-off anything sounds too cheap! Unless they email you a vector, cut-ready file and no time-sucking phone calls!

7. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    ...Ain't that the truth!

8. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    I do custom QR Riders for Realtors all over the Country I charge $100 just to become a part of my program and $25 each rider once your in. I also control the pages the qr codes land on. Mine are also 4mil coroplast. I don't know what material your using.

I think your right in line Mosh. Maybe even charge more if your using better material than me as a substrate.

9. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

prices are spot on for coro riders

10. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Next time they flip out, tell them it's not like you're charging $15,000 to put a sign in the yard and show people the house when they call until it sells.

We flipped a house several years ago, they put the sign in the yard on Saturday, did an open house on Sunday, had the signed contract on Sunday night. They made $12,000 on that house and spent 5 hours on the job.

I think $25 for a rider is a little less profitable then their chosen career.