• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check on a 19' x 12' lighted cabinet

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Does 18k sound right for a new, 12'x19' lighted cabinet w/ flexface double sided mounted in between two poles 60' in the air?

The poles are existing and there is already electrical up there. Price is the cabinet, installation and permits

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your title says 8' x 12' but in your thread is says...... 12' x 19' ?? Which is it ??

Are the posts already there ?? Has it been confirmed it will hold this size cabinet ?? You actually know the slab setting ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Your title says 8' x 12' but in your thread is says...... 12' x 19' ?? Which is it ??

Are the posts already there ?? Has it been confirmed it will hold this size cabinet ?? You actually know the slab setting ??

Poles are already there, brackets already there for the sign, electrical run up to the cabinet. It has had this size box on there before but it was removed. Price includes installation and permits

fresh

i don't do these kinds of jobs, but if i did, I think that number sounds too low.

I know how much significantly smaller, easier jobs cost. This one should be more per sqft, not less.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
i don't do these kinds of jobs, but if i did, I think that number sounds too low.

I know how much significantly smaller, easier jobs cost. This one should be more per sqft, not less.

That's my cost so that's good to hear. But that price is just the cabinet. Poles are already there and electrical available.

Keep em coming

henryz

Does 18k sound right for a new, 12'x19' lighted cabinet w/ flexface double sided mounted in between two poles 60' in the air?

The poles are existing and there is already electrical up there. Price is the cabinet, installation and permits
How deep are you doing the cabinet to slide over the existing pole, will you need a stub pipe. Is it going to be led or lamps. We move everything to led. Here is one we are installing the led bars ( AA LEDs in Cali) this one is going to Spring TX.

Attachments

• 20191009_091923.jpg
    20191009_091923.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 215

Gino

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE="JBurton, post: 1449279, member: 68394"]Pretty good price, but I hate twin pole jobs that I haven't installed all of it. Nothing is worse than sliding over the poles and finding out that they are twisted or leaning. Mounting between two should make things easier, but I highly recommend doing your own survey before pulling the trigger on production.
The big
question is, how are you getting it to site. Ideally you could have it delivered there on install day, but that never seems to work out here.
Wait, are you building this or buying it to install?
[/QUOTE]

Very good question. It can't go on a normal truck as it won't fit under most bridges, unless you use a lowboy.... and that would just barely make it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea I was wondering how 12' would be trucked. I'm getting the local company to do it so it won't ship all across the country. I think we're going to shave a few feet off the height anyway.. 12' is just too damn tall.

henryz

Hot Dawg them look like some fancy light sticks. I'm assuming they are either worth it, or they are faster to install as opposed to the GE/Principal sticks? At first I was going to ask why you didn't use the last module laying in the bottom of the cabinet, but from the looks of it, this is a two part sign, and you off set them so they wouldn't cast a shadow from the braces holding the two cabinets together, am I right?. So now the question is who pre-cut all of the runs for this, and who is going to pay for the 14 modules that will be shelved and never used? Also, do you plan to add angle between the saddles to guide the pole/stiffen the center so it doesn't sag? Just curious.
We used all of them, specially Principal but they didn't cut it the last time, that's why we brought these in. The manufacture cuts to size, but because we are stacking them we left a module for the middle section. Not sure about your last question but I'm sure we have something there.

henryz

I see. Did the principal sticks not hold up or just not bright enough?
They cause too many shadows even when using their specifications for spacing and depths. The modules we went with are 6watts ea. Super bright and even lighting on this 14' x 14'. Here is a 16ft x 36ft df cabinet with the same led.

Attachments

• vw 3 (002).jpg
    vw 3 (002).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 164

henryz

Texas, let me know if you still need some help with this. You never responded to the width and if you are using leds or lamps?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thanks. I think we're going with a shorter cabinet for a few reasons...10' or 8' tall. LED lamps. The cabinet won't have the poles running through them...it will be in between them bolted to "L" brackets (I assume. I am not installing this thing, I'm getting the local company to fab and install it since it's so big and I've used them before and am familiar with their quality) I just never priced something like this and wanted to know of it was in the ballpark. From what I know about buying cabinets wholesale it didnt seem unreasonable. Its turn-key, they fab, obtain permits, engineering stamp, produce faces and install.