Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Check --- Wrapping vehicle Trim

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Ink Splash Graphics, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Ink Splash Graphics

Ink Splash Graphics Member

Nov 12, 2007
    I have a client that wants the chrome trim on his VW wrapped in Matte Black. I plan on using Hexis HX3000 as they will sell me partial rolls and they also have smaller roll size available other than 54" :)

Just curious what range I should be in for this, I was estimating around $350. There is chrome around all the windows as well as side pcs along each door and one across the rear hatch.

Your thoughts?

Tags:
  2. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    VW nerds are picky people, so I'd expect dude to give you some grief if it isn't done well. I can't tell you what to charge, but I'd pad your numbers in case they turn out to be a pita about imperfections.

3. Ink Splash Graphics

Ink Splash Graphics Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Well the car actually looks like crap... it's a daily driver and it shows, has scratches all over it so an imperfection wouldn't show but I'm hoping to not have any :) Looks like the vinyl cost is around $14 per yard at 27" wide so materials won't be bad just the labor to put it on depending on how much trouble it turns out to be...

BTW found out it's HX30000 not 3000, that's a dif material they offer :)

4. TXGraphix24

TXGraphix24 Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I had a guy who wanted his hood and trunk wrapped flat black. Came out very good. The hood even had a hood scoop. It takes alot of work and time, especially your first time. Since he was my friend i charged him 80 bucks, but i would charge around 400 bucks. You would be surprised how much effort it is going to take. But your price is in the area.