• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price Check

Jolie

I hate pricing, I always think I am charging way too much, or not enough I do not want to undercut people or bring down costs in general or get laughed at charging too much so is this too much, not enough, what would you charge?

Qty4 2 color layered lettering 3inx24in (176.00)
Qty6 2 color layered lettering 14inx11in (192.00)
Qty4 1 color lettering 2inx23 (88.00)

Am I way off?

Jolie

I tried to base the pricing best I could off the signcraft 2008 pricing guide

Pro Image

If you can get those prices get them.............You are more than double what I would quote around my area........

S

SignTech

The pricing books are not that great at best. Basically your own formula for your area would be best.

Materials x 2 or 3, plus time-labor then your overall overhead. Market value plays a big part also. Type of material (grade) etc .......

I wish I could tell you if you are way off or not but it's not up to me. If you are looking for a general national average .... you can try the sign calculator (it's a pretty good base)

http://www.thesignexpert.com/TheSignExpert.com/Sign_Business_Free_Sign_Price_Calculators.html

or more detailed pricing info in the premium pricing section.

Jolie

Thank you so much guys for the quick reply. When I was looking at the final number that I had come up with it seemed rather high to me but I thought maybe it was supposed to be like that. I do not think I will try the price book again I will try the isag way and see if that doesn't seem more logical.

Thanks again!
Jolie

SignosaurusRex

You could be high, low or spot on depending on a multitude of factors. How complex? What did you start with for artwork/files...did you have to spend a lot of time with set-up? Etc. Have you got pic's to post of these jobs? A few more details are needed to qualify any realistic answer to your questions.

Jolie

Sign Rex
Its just lettering, no graphic which is why I was wondering why the book I was trying to reference made it seem so high. The only tricky part for me is the layering since I tend to screw it up at least once per try (I need to practice more on that). Simple lettering, website address, a couple of various numbers - simple really. Was given nothing to work off of, but I don't know what they could have really given in this instance.

Jolie