• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prices have come waY dowN . . . Damn!!!!!

Letterbox Mike

When we were buying our last small roll-to-roll printer we looked at everything including this, but we dismissed it almost immediately, it's built like a toy compared to other machines in the sub-$20k range. I didn't see it holding up to any sort of volume at all (and the dealer actually told me the same thing). You can pick up a new 63" Mimaki JV33 for the same price or even a little less and it'll run circles around the VersaArt Roland machines. IMO it's actually overpriced for what it is.

rjssigns

Prices will continue to drop as new ink and printer technology/manufacturers emerge.

Another possibility is Roland has this unit at end of product cycle pricing. Which means it's price could drop like a stone a la HP's L25500.

Hey now we love our versa-art its fast and runs almost all day every day
It has broke down but easily fixed, which I blame on the ink we have a "credit" for
Ran 60 4x8s the other week

artbot

it looks like about $10k worth of printer. i'd bet over the next five years as new models come out and current inks die out, that this model would suffer harsher depreciation than other industrial built models.

Of course the only other printers I have experience with are the Falcon outdoor JR and the Colorspan.

So the bar is pretty low for me to love it

AllSquare Jason

This is a new VersaArt Model RE-640, and from looking at the specs it is slightly faster than the Mimaki JV33 no? Will come with the 2 Year Parts and Labor Warranty and all Roland Printers (post PC60) hold resale extremely well. My demo should arrive soon -

Roland VersaArt RE-640 Print Speeds:
Billboard (Banner) 360 x 720 248.6 sq ft
High Speed (Banner) 540 x 360 190.5 sq ft
Standard (Banner) 540 x 720 141 sq ft
High Quality (Banner) 1440 x 720 58 sq ft

High Speed (Vinyl) 360 x 720 141 sq ft
Standard (Vinyl) 540 x 720 117 sq ft
High Quality (Vinyl) 1440 x 720 51.6 sq ft