• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prices

Signmart

Are there any new VUTEk or a AGFA that's priced under 200K? If so what models and just a rough ballpark price. We are looking at getting one and these seem to be the best brands that people really like that might be in this price range.

Signmart

I've tried to contact both of these companies about prices and they haven't got back to me yet. do you know what that one runs? just a ball park with be good till they can get me an official price

I know it was introduced by Vutek as a price point machine I think it is $185K with white.

We have a 2007 Gandi Jeti (now Agfa) 3150 UV for sale for $105K. It is in Mint condition...

Signmart

This isn't really on this same subject. But I'm really new to the UV inks. How is the outdoor durability of the finished products without a laminate? I have never worked with or know anyone who has worked with UV inks. so i'd really like to know an approximate life.

Robert M

CET Flatbeds

Any one get a chance to look at the new flatbeds from CET out of Georgia. I received some samples and they look great.

Better quality than both.

Most Vuteks are faster but three times the cost of the CET printer.

Sure that machine may be cheaper but probably going to cost you a hell of a lot more $ in the long run.

One thing I have learned is always buy more machine than you need even if it seems unrealistic financially. We have learned this the lesson a couple times...

Started with 1st flatbed venture in early 2004 with a shitty Colorspan 72UVR.
Outgrew that in 6 months and got a HP/Scitex Veejet.
Outgrew that in a year and still owed a boatload off$$ for buy out.(OUCH)
Got 2 Gandi 3150's been good for past 2-3 years and now need to step up the game again. But have some hefty payments left.
Looking at a Durst RHO 800 Presto and ready to buy but will be looking at almost $20k in monthly payments to support all Gandis and Durst. With the RHO the Jetis are not needed... But hard to sell for what I want and make a clean deal to make the powers that be here happy...

Should of Bought a Durst back in the day and grew into it and keep trading up with Durst to minimize payments and keep high value on the machines...

Also things to consider:

1. Yes a real production printer may be 3 times the cost but it is also engineered to be 100 times more reliable. Especially when you are talking about an imported machine new to the market...

2. What is your ink cost? what ink is it?

3. How long do the lamps last and how much to replace? (ask how many Colorspan 72uvr users got screwed on this detail)

4. Service Service Service..... What happens if you go down and cannot fix yourself????

5. How much are the other consumables? How often do you need them.

6. What about machine platform?? If upgrades are available will they be retrofitted to your machine or will you be stuck with an inferior generation machine in 6-8 months.

Buying these kind of machines is a hell of a lot different than getting a Mutoh or Roland Solvent. Those are somewhat disposable investments and are easy to justify based on there low prices.

When you are talking $100k - $400k investment in a machine. I highly suggest looking at all of your options. You will be married to it....

RoCo

All very good points, Merritt.

I agree - always buy as much quality machine as you can get. In the long run you'll be happy you did. A new machine from an unproven company is not the safest bet when your company is on the line.

i have multiple clients that are looking to purchase flatbeds that are asking questions regarding cet so i am starting to research them and will share my opinions shortly. i am impressed with what i have found on the internet but i want to see it all with my own eyes before i make a judgement...more to come

sharukh

Hi All There !

We have a CUBE 260 UV CMYK Lc,Lm, + White, Caldera Grandrip, Working Condition Excellent Results, & Quality Output Only a year old,

Any one interested please reply, Thanks