• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing 2 x 5 Lightbox Faces

njsignguy

Hello, seems like i lost a few to many potential customers lately and not too sure if its just coincidence or maybe my #'s are off.

I figured out a price for this job but would like some input from others.

Details:
Travel time is 20 miles round trip.
Vinyl used will be Oracal 8500 Translucent.
New Polycarbonate faces at 2'h x 5'w (2 faces).
Remove old faces and discard.
Lightbox is approx 15' from ground.
Design time of 1hr.

Sign face will have 2 lines of bold text.
Each line will be a diff color.
I will need 24" x 2yds of each color. (2 colors)

Travel - $15
Vinyl - $60
Poly Faces - $90
Misc Supplies - $10
Design - $35

I figured out my price to be around $500.

Any other details that may help you figure a price, please let me know.

Thank You

Last edited:

wes70

$22. - $25. sqft. for face plus design time.

For removal and install: time and mileage (only you know that)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try posting up your costs, pricing and figuring on the various items and we'll see if it holds to others around here.

It always works better when we can see your input without going off in 1,000 directions.

What we get here or someone gets in California isn't the question. It's more about what you have invested and if you have all the correct numbers plugged in for your local market.

Recently, we just bid out 2pcs 4' x 8' double sided boxes with decorated faces for a customer. He shopped around and we were about $75. higher than his cheapest bid. However, the other bid didn't include the freight needed to get the cans and faces here. After I explained everything, we ended up with the job. It's not always price... there is some education needed so the end user actually is making 100% comparisons.

It also turned out our cans were deeper than the other guy, both of us using flat faces.

njsignguy

thanks for the replies, i had originally made a mistake with the amount of vinyl i needed. i added my costs to original post.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think $500 is way too low a price for something 15' in the air with the amount or work, time and designing involved.

However, if you're losing these jobs, you must be quoting on them.
  • Do you have proper equipment for this type job ??
  • Have you have adequate insurance to be doing this ??
  • Are you including the permits ??

Your costs kinda represent the sign costs and doesn't take into consideration for any administrative time, overhead and other hidden costs.

njsignguy

Im still awaiting to hear back from the customer regarding the price quote but i guess im a little timid with the price because i didnt want to lose it.

Yes i have a 14' folding ladder. 15' is probably the highest point of the existing sign.

No permits needed, this is a duplicate of whats basically up there. Current sign is very faded.

Yes i have proper insurance.