• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing a Half Wrap

I just finished 2 E250 vans with a combo of cut vinyl and printed vinyl. I have attached a few pics. How would you price the installation of this, i normally charge @ $5.00 sq/ft for cut vinyl to apply. But the big printed pieces are at another level of expertise, I had the pieces printed out of house and should I mark those up 100% or less? I know there is no clear cut answer to this but a little guidance can help steer me in the right direction.
Thanks In Advance
David

Attachments

• fr_117_size400.jpg
    fr_117_size400.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 99
  • fr_119_size400.jpg
    fr_119_size400.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 75
  • fr_120_size400.jpg
    fr_120_size400.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 99

TXFB.INS

hopefully you confirmed the price with the customer BEFORE doing the application.
rough ballpark would be $2,000 per van

FYI; if you are looking for pricing, it would be better in the pricing section.

EDIT: are you installing for someone else or did you do the turnkey and just outsourced the print portion?
If you are Install only then your listed price is in the average range, maybe a little high

I did all the cut vinyl in house, all the design was done in house , just outsourced the big blue wave 3M Controltac IJ180C, it does have a gradient to it, just hard to see in the pic. Im coming in @ 2300 - 2600. Long time customer who just wants it done and trusts us to price fairly. They love the vans, as this is a new look for them

jfiscus

Rap Master
you're coming in high, a full wrap would run only slightly more for a ford van.
your print provider may be charging you more than the average also.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Without going into details on pricing in the open forum, I'm going to just say at 115 sft of material coverage...23 sft of that being contour cut, You are Way too high.
I wouldn't want to be your "Trusting" customer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would contact the admin here, and ask him to place this thread in the appropriate category and then you'll have a rather good discussion /debate on your pricing...... and methods.

I wouldn't want to be your "Trusting" customer.

Thats why I was asking about the pricing so that I'm not gouging my customer. New to this vinyl stuff, and have been playing the pricing game in printing for 25 years. I didnt say I was going to finaaly charge the customer that price. We all had to start somewhere and was just looking for advice not sarcasm

2B

like Gino said prices are best placed in a different section.

regarding your price question, yeah you are too high, TXFB price is closer but still towards the higher end for the amount of coverage you have

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Thats why I was asking about the pricing so that I'm not gouging my customer. New to this vinyl stuff, and have been playing the pricing game in printing for 25 years. I didnt say I was going to finaaly charge the customer that price. We all had to start somewhere and was just looking for advice not sarcasm

The sarcasm came at the end of my comment...which showed if you did the math on the sq. footage there's no way on Earth you should come to your price.
After your $5 per sq. on the contour cut...the rest would be $27 per sft. (I'll skip the additional sarcastic comment here) wink wink.